Bull Fighting OR Bull Torturing?

I vote for the latter- Bull Torturing. First of all I am SORRY dear animal that I saw you get tortured and die in front of me, and I could not do anything to save you or that I visited the bull fighting (BF) ring. May you have a better life in your next lifetime.

As I mentioned in my first post that I did not know any better about BF. I personally was not aware how the BF worked, or even that the bull was killed. I had a very innocent idea. I wish I kept living in that innocent world. We booked the tickets to BF before we even reached Madrid. When we reached Plaza Del Toros, we saw a huge line of people waiting to buy tickets or get in. I was very happy that we got the tickets beforehand and that we were ahead of so many people. Little did I know that I will start crying in next 30 minutes. So here is the experience that the bull goes through. The bull enters the empty ring from one of the doors of the bull ring. You can see that the bull is already agitated before it even steps in the ring. I am sure the bull was tortured before coming in the ring. The bull is dressed in different color ribbons between its shoulder blades. I don't know if the ribbons were stabbed in its shoulder blade before it was sent to the ring. While bull is running around the ring, the matador comes in with his cloth or whatever that cloth is called. I am not going to waste my time searching for the name of the red cloth. It is not worth it! The bull charges and the matador does his act with the cloth. When I saw that act, I was happy. That is what I came to see and experience. But the reality is very different! After 10 minutes of bull-matador act, three dressed-up men join the matador in the ring. Lets call them matador assistant (MA). They also try to irritate the bull. And then one of the MA uses his poking rod and stabs the bull between the shoulder. The bull is hurt but still you can see the bull fight these annoying men. You can see that bull is getting tired, and is very thirsty. Its tongue is hanging outside its mouth. Then another matador comes in on a horse. Now this horse is covered with protective material, and even the eyes are covered so the horse doesn't get scared and runs off. Now this bull sees this horse and matador, and he charges towards the horse. The horse gets hurt, and sometimes fall to the ground. The matador sitting on the horse stabs the bull with a triangular blade on a long rod. Now this stab is really what slows down the bull. I remember seeing the blood and flesh gushing out of the stab wound. I felt so sad for the animal. The bull was tired, hurt, bleeding, and thirsty. And these other MA kept bugging it by making loud noises and poking the bull. After the MA know that the bull is tired, the main matador uses his sword and pokes the bull from his shoulder blade into his heart. This doesn't happen in the first go. The bull is stabbed 5-6 times before he really gets it in his heart and finally falls to his knees. Let me tell you, every time the bull was stabbed, wounded or hurt, the crowd cheered for the matadors. Nobody felt anything bad for the bull. Then once the bull is on his knees, one of the MA uses his sharp, small pocket knife (OMG!) and cuts the bull's neck. You can see the poor bull kicking and suffering. And people cheer at his suffering. After the bull is dead, a decorated horses' carriage comes and drag the bull away with his blood dripping behind him. Right after the carriage, ring-workers hide the blood by covering it with sand, and after 5 minutes the next bull is sent into the ring. And the dance of torture, and death continues. The fate of 6 bulls are usually written in 2 hours, and let me tell you my friend, that it is a horrible fate.

It is just not fair! This poor bull had no chance of survival. The bull is meant to suffer and die! Six armed men against one scared bull. It is just NOT FAIR! Trust me I would have loved to see the bull killing one matador and I am not sorry about saying that. I would have cheered for that. One other thing that I saw, there was this bull, who entered the ring but stood very close to the door from where he entered. It seemed like he didn't want to come in the center of the ring. As if he knew what lies ahead for him-Death. During the torture time, when the bull was being bugged and wounded by the MA, the bull at one point stared at the door he came in from. I felt so bad :((. Poor guy wanted to go back. It was just not fair to torture the poor bull for people's entertainment. I am sorry, you can't call this an art! You can't say this is man vs. wild, and enjoy the experience. This was torture- brutal torture! And some people had the nerve to bring their young kids to experience bull fighting. It this experience tormented me, what would have happened to the young minds. I am hoping that these young minds demandes soon enough to become vegetarian.

Do you know the Spaniards don't support BF anymore. The BF is mainly run for tourist. So please if you were to go to Spain, PLEASE DO NOT WATCH BULL FIGHTING! The brutality should end now. I BEG YOU! We, human beings have no right to take pleasure in killing these living beings who can't speak or tell us that they had enough and that they don't want anymore pain. Please raise your voice against animal cruelty.

Please see some pictures of this brutal experience by clicking at the picture below, and you will understand why this is ANIMAL CRUELTY and NOT ART!



1 comment:

  1. "Book Espana offers travel packages and give advise about things to do in Madrid, such as bullfighting, flamenco and wine tasting. what to see in Madrid
    things to see in Madrid
    madrid things to do
    things to do in Madrid
    places to see in Madrid
    "

    ReplyDelete